Coronavirus (Covid-19) that originated from animals is a large group of viruses that cause illness such as normal cold virus to increasingly extreme illnesses, for example, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is another stress that has not been previously distinguished in people.
The new coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading quickly which includes more than 1,647,900 infected people and recorded more than 100,270 deaths.
Coronaviruses are zoonosis, which means they are transmitted from non-human animals to humans. Detailed examinations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from (African civet) cats to people and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels (Arabian camel) to humans. A few known coronaviruses are flowing in animals that have not yet infected people.
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
After a coronavirus infection, you can notice cold or flu-like symptoms nearly in 2-4 days and are ordinarily mild. However, these symptoms differ from individual-to-individual, and a few types of this virus can be deadly.
Below are the symptoms of coronavirus include:
- Cough and runny nose
- High Fever (100.4° F)
- Increased asthma
Coronavirus can cause pneumonia. The individuals who have become sick are reported to undergo coughs, fever and breathing challenges. In extreme cases, there can be an organ breakdown. As this is a viral disease, anti-toxins are of no use. Also, the antiviral medications we have against the flu won’t work. Improvement against this virus relies upon the strength of the immune system. Huge numbers of the individuals who have died were already weak.
How Coronavirus spreads?
Here is what you must know about the spreading of coronavirus:
- Coronavirus spreads from individual to individual in closeness, like other respiratory diseases, for example, influenza or flu.
- The virus spreads by means of droplets of Humans – for example, salivation or bodily fluid (mucus) from a sick person is scattered noticeable all around or on surfaces by sneezing or coughing. However, coughs and sneezes can travel a few feet and remain suspended noticeable all around in the air for as long as 10 minutes.
- Transmission of this virus is of specific worry while traveling, where droplets containing the coronavirus could go between travelers or by means of surfaces like plane seats, armrests, Door Knobs, Digital gadgets, and stair railings.
The time span before the coronavirus indications show up, is somewhere in the range of one and 14 days.
How to take preventive measures?
Here are a few preventive measures to shield yourself from contracting coronavirus:
- It is recommended to use a mask (N95 mask) in crowded places.
- Make a habit to wash your hands using alcohol-based hand rub or soap.
- Try to avoid social gatherings.
- Abstain from contacting your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Practice respiratory cleanliness by covering your mouth and nose with your bowed elbow or tissue when you cough or sniffle
- In the event that you have a fever, common cold, trouble breathing, and look for clinical consideration as soon as possible.
- Remain updated and follow the guidance given by your human services supplier or any authorized medical body.
FAQs on Coronavirus
How can I check for coronavirus if I have it or not?
Consult with a health specialist (doctor) if you are having fever, cough, or trouble breathing, and have been in close contact with a person known to have Coronavirus (COVID-19), or if you have recently visited any coronavirus affected city or a place. Your doctor will work with your state’s public health department and CDC to decide whether you should be examined for COVID-19.
What are the chances of coronavirus being fatal?
Healthy people with a strong immune system are not at a lesser risk of being affected from coronavirus.
Will the virus survive in extreme heat or cold?
As per the scientific research, the bacteria seem to survive in both extreme hot and cold climates.
Does coronavirus have a cure?
As of now, there is no known cure for coronavirus. Scientific research indicates that the vaccine could take at least a year for outreach.
Which country has most numbers of confirmed cases of coronavirus?
As per reports the city in which the virus originated from, Wuhan, China has the most number of confirmed cases.
You may also be interested to know about our article on How to reduce cholesterol in 30 days.
One Reply to “Did you know this about Coronavirus (COVID-19)? [live updates]”
I was diagnosed of COPD Four years ago. I came across Herbal HealthPoint (w w w. herbalhealthpoint. c o m) December, 2018 and learnt about their successful herbal therapy for COPD. I immediately started on the COPD treatment; few weeks into the treatment, i began to notice a reduction in symptoms. After I completed the treatment, my symptoms were all gone including the severe shortness of breath, cough and wheezing. Its been over two years since treatment I feel better and breath better.