In this article you will 100% know which one of these hosting companies is right for your blog. Now one dirty little secret is of all the main hosting companies outside you will find only three are recommended by WordPress themselves.
So let’s go over the pros and cons of each of these hosting platforms.
|Host||Recommended by WordPress||Disk Space||Uptime||Speed (s) NY||Speed (s) EU||Speed (s) AU|
|WP Engine||❌||10 GB||99.97%||0.65||1.01||1.25|
9 Best blog hosting sites in India
1. SiteGround hosting (recommended by WordPress for blog site)
Pros of SiteGround:
- It’s the easiest of all the different platforms to set up a WordPress blog website.
- It’s also one of only three companies that are recommended by WordPress themself to host WordPress websites which is a pretty big deal.
- It also has good pricing.
- Siteground is really reliable service and has a really high uptime.
- They also have fast service and good customer support.
- And as an added bonus it comes with a free SSL certificate.
Now there are some cons with SiteGround:
- One of the biggest cons is that it is a mid-priced hosting platform, it’s not the cheapest platform out there but it’s also definitely not one of the more expensive platforms.
- Another con is that it has upload limit so if you do want to have a website that’s gonna have a lot of high-resolution images and videos and things like that SiteGround may not be the best platform for you.
2. Bluehost hosting (recommended by WordPress for blog site)
Pros of Bluehost:
- Recommended by WordPress.
- It’s actually one of the more popular hosting companies out there.
- Also, it’s the most trusted hosting for blogging sites out in the internet world.
Now here’s a dirty little secret about Bluehost, part of the reason it’s one of the more popular ones is that they have a very generous affiliate program but still that’s something to keep in mind when considering Bluehost vs. other hosting platforms.
Cons of Bluehost:
- A big con with Bluehost though is I think it’s overpriced. Now I do have the updated pricings you can check here.
Usually site ground is a little bit cheaper than Bluehost and I think SiteGround has better service but ultimately it’s up to you we still have a lot more platforms to cover.
Next up is GoDaddy and do not go with GoDaddy.
Go Daddy is great for buying domain names but they spend most their money on advertising and things like that and they try to get people in to buy a domain name and try to get them to upgrade to hosting services but their hosting is not good it’s not that reliable and it’s honestly just very overpriced.
Cons of GoDaddy hosting:
- Not high quality
- Not Reliable
4. a2 hosting
Pros of a2 hosting:
- It has some of the fastest server times out there. So if speed is important to you this might be a good option.
cons for a2 hosting :
- They have poor uptime which means there’s a higher percentage chance that you’re gonna have issues with your website.
- They’re not the most reliable.
- Recently they got hacked and a lot of their websites went down.
That being said they still have more than 99 percent uptime which means that most the time you’d not have any issues with your website but it’s something to keep in mind.
Hostgator is actually owned by the same parent company that owns Bluehost, but one of the benefits with Bluehost is it’s actually recommended by WordPress and Hostgator is not.
But to be honest they’re pretty similar and sometimes Hostgator is a little bit cheaper again.
But for me personally, I like Bluehost better as I said because they are recommended by WordPress they’re more reliable and better customer support.
Pros for WP engine hosting :
It is unlike any of the other hosting companies we’ve talked about.
- WP engine has the fastest servers.
- They are the most reliable.
- They have the best uptime and the best customer support.
Cons for WP engine hosting :
The big con is you’re going to pay for it.
- They are ten times the price of any of the other hosting companies.
So if your WordPress website is very very very important to you and you want to make sure nothing goes wrong and you’re willing to pay for it WP engine might be a good option.
I personally would never go with the WP engine, all the other hosting companies we’ve talked about so far also have great customer support but the WP engine does take it to that next level.
It is another popular hosting company if honest with you I don’t really see any pros with them.
Their speed and uptime were pretty mediocre and they’re about double the price of all the different hosting companies we’ve talked about so far.
The big Pro with them is they are the cheapest platform out there.
But the big con is you get what you pay for. I personally would not trust my website with this company but if money is really tight for you this may be a good option, but I personally would not go with this company.
9. DreamHost hosting (recommended by WordPress for blog site)
pros of DreamHost hosting:
- One of the big pros for them is they are the last of the three companies that are recommended by WordPress.
- But to be honest with you that’s probably the only really big Pro I see with them. They have the same features of all the other hosting companies we’ve talked about so far.
cons of DreamHost hosting:
- They’re more expensive than site ground or Bluehost.
- Less reliable and slower.
So I personally do not see any reason to go with dream host now.
It’s time to announce a winner and the truth is I think it depends on what you’re looking for?
- If you’re looking for the fastest hosting company out there you have a2 hosting.
- If you’re looking for the cheapest hosting company you should go with Hostinger.
Now the first hosting company I ever signed up for was Bluehost which I think is a fine option, it’s a good option.
But if I were to do it over again I would 100% go with site ground and I have recently signed up with Site ground and I have to say it’s the easiest platform to use and it’s cheaper than Bluehost.
So to me it’s a no-brainer SiteGround is the winner and as I said I do have the hookup.
Again I recommend SiteGround hosting for the blog but pick the platform that is best for you.
Starting a WordPress blog website was one of the best things I ever did. I hope I helped you make a better decision today and I hope you get started on your journey.
FAQs on blog hosting
⭐ Do I need a host for my blog?
In case you’re hoping to build a genuine business on the web, you should have your own blog to keep up full ownership and control of it. On the off chance that you expect to utilize your site for business purposes, at that point you ought to avoid utilizing free hosting platforms.
⭐ Is a free WordPress blog worth it?
If you need a professional website, it deserves paying extra for quality. Regardless of whether you’re on WordPress.com, in the event that you upgrade from the free version, you’ll wind up paying for your hosting by the day’s end. In the event that you ask me, paying for hosting and having the opportunity of running your own site is a superior investment.
⭐ Is WordPress easy for beginners?
WordPress is simple for beginners, yet powerful and amazing for designers: As talked about earlier, WordPress is an exceptionally simple stage, to begin with. It’s exceptionally simple to set up and run. Most web hosting has added what is called a single tick auto-installers.
⭐ What is hosting a blog?
Blog Hosting is one kind of website hosting. Blogs also called weblogs are sites that include standard updates as individual readings, or posts. With the various blog hosting alternatives accessible these days, getting your blog set up can frequently appear to be an overwhelming job.
⭐ Should I pay for blog hosting?
Paid Hosting isn’t unreasonably expensive. You can discover low-cost hosting for your blog from a top web hosting company and it will be far better to free hosting. You won’t need to stress over having enough space and speed in the event that you utilize a standout amongst other web hosting plans for your paid blog hosting.
You may also like to read our article on How to make money off of a blog for beginners.