Wondering how you can get a free domain name for your WordPress site? Then in this blog, we will help you find your own domain name to start with your WordPress site.
The first step towards constructing a website is to get a domain name for it. So if you’re looking to start with a free domain then follow these steps one by one. I will show you a comprehensive guide on how to register a free domain name for your WordPress site, step by step on Freenom.
Steps to register a free domain name for your WordPress site:
1) Freenom is the best and only free domain provider where you can get .tk, .ml, .ga and .gq domain extensions for free (like “buzzmydomain.tk”). So the first step is to open Freenom in your browser to start with the process.
2) In the home page of Freenom you can see a search bar where you can find a new free domain if its available. so search your domain name and check for availability.
3) You can get 4 extensions for free but the highest in priority is .tk extension so try to choose .tk one, but lastly, it’s your choice to choose whichever you want.
4) Now after deciding which domain name to go with click on Get it now and proceed to check out.
5) After this, you have to select the time period for the domain name and usually, it’s free for 12 months and you can also renew it for free. So go to the period dropdown and select 12 months free package and click on continue.
6) Continuing with the cart you have to verify your email address to proceed further.
7) you have got an email verification link in your inbox so click on the link to verify your email.
8) Now after verifying your email address its redirected to the checkout page where you have to fill out the information and complete your order.
9) After completing your order you get an order confirmation page in which click on “click here to go to your client area”.
10) After clicking the button you have to login again and then go to services > my domains and click on my domains.
11) In my domains page, you can find all your registered domains and also manage your domains by clicking on Manage domain.
12) So finally you can link your own domain name with your WordPress site using DNS setting or Name servers on the Manage domain page.
And that’s it! You got your free domain name for your WordPress site.
Hope this blog helped you learn how to register a free domain name for your WordPress site. If you liked this article, then please share this. Feel free to comment if you need help with anything.