You are reading this article because you are looking for fastest, reliable and obviously free Webhosting for your WordPress site and we have been using Amazon web service for a long time mainly for WordPress site just for free. So read this article till the end as it will be a detailed step by step guide on how to install WordPress on AWS for free.
So let’s get started and see how easy it is to install WordPress on AWS EC2 instance.
Steps to install WordPress on AWS for free:
1) The first step is to create an AWS account if you haven’t already. Simply you have to enter the required details and continue with the signup process. It will also ask you to verify your identity using payment information (includes credit/debit card) as it will not charge you for the verification process.
2) After creating account sign in to your AWS account by clicking on AWS Management Console and you will be redirected AWS management console page.
3) On the AWS management console click on all services and there you will find EC2 so click on it to create an EC2 instance for your WordPress site.
4) After clicking on EC2 you will be redirected to EC2 dashboard where you have to click on Launch instance button to continue with the process.
5) Now you will be asked to choose AMI so click on AWS Marketplace and type WordPress in the search bar and press enter. Then select WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic.
6) After selecting the WordPress you will see a popup where details about WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic is given. Click on the continue button to proceed further.
7) The next step is to choose an instance type. It’s the main step where you can get free hosting on AWS for your WordPress site, so follow the instruction carefully. Click on t2.micro instance type and then press Review and Launch button where t2.micro instance is the only free tier available where you can host your WordPress site for free.
8) The next step is to launch the review instance by clicking on the launch button
9) After clicking the launch button you will get a popup for creating a new key pair. So select create a new key pair, give it a name and download it. As keypair is used for connecting with FTP or used while connecting to putty server. Hence its an important part of the process so don’t skip it. After downloading the key pair click on the launch instance button to go live with the instance.
10) Now you will be redirected to EC2 dashboard. So on the dashboard, you will find one running instance, click on it to find the details of the instance.
11) After clicking on the running instance you will see all the details of the instance.
12) Now to open your WordPress site copy IPv4 Public IP and paste it in your google chrome search bar or any other search console.
13) To access your WordPress admin dashboard you need username and password to log in. So to find the username and password right-click near the blue dot and hover on instance settings then click on the get system log.
14) After clicking on system log you will get a popup with all the system log details where you will find your WordPress login details as you scroll down the system log (sometimes the content takes a while to load). Hence login to your WordPress dashboard with this credentials.
And that’s it! Enjoy your WordPress site.
We hope this article helped you install WordPress on AWS for free. If you liked this article, then please share this. Feel free to comment if you need help with anything.