Looking for a quick guide to set up WP Mail SMTP plugin on your WordPress site? WP Mail SMTP plugin is the best SMTP plugin in the WordPress plugin directory which helps in sending WordPress emails easily and reliably using a secure mail transfer protocol. In this article, we will help to easily set up the WP Mail SMTP Gmail- a third-party email Service.
So without further ado, let’s start with this WordPress WP Mail SMTP Gmail configuration guide.
WordPress WP Mail SMTP Gmail Mailer Configuration
1) Go to WordPress plugin directory and click on Add new and Search for WP Mail SMTP, you will find WP Mail SMTP by WPForms. Install & activate the plugin. ( Plugins -> Add New -> Search Plugins.. -> wp mail SMTP)
2) Now After activating the plugin go to the dashboard sidebar and you’ll find WP Mail SMTP. So hover on the WP Mail SMTP and click on settings. (Dashboard -> WP Mail SMTP -> settings)
3) In the SMTP settings, we are configuring Gmail SMTP settings. So in the general select Google- Gmail as Mailer. (Settings -> General -> Mailer -> Gmail (Google) )
5) Now click on select a project and then click on a new project in the Google APIs dashboard.
6) Create a new SMTP project by entering the project name and then click on create a project.
7) Now Go to the project dashboard and click on enable APIs and services and then search for Gmail in APIs & Services search bar.
8) Click on Gmail API and enable the API by clicking enable button.
9) After enabling API click on create credentials. In “Which API are you using?” dropdown select Gmail API, then in “Where will you be calling the API from?” dropdown select Web server (e.g. node.js, Tomcat) and in “What data will you be accessing?” select user data and then click on “What credentials do I need?”.
10) On clicking “What credentials do I need?” you will be asked to set up an OAuth consent screen. Click on set up consent screen and add “Application name”, “Authorised domains” and “Application Homepage link” and then click on the Save button.
13) You will see your credentials. Click on “I’ll do this later” to copy the Client ID and Client Secret from the credentials page.
14) Paste the Client ID and Client Secret to WordPress SMTP Gmail Mailer settings and click on Save Settings.
15) After saving click on Allow plugin to send emails using your Google account and verify with your google account. After verifying You can test it using the “Email Test” option.
And that’s it…! You have successfully set up your WP Mail STMP settings using Gmail Mailer. If you like the article, then please share and also, feel free to comment if you need help with anything.